The newest edition of the WAG Technical Committee’s newsletter is fascinating, not only does it tell us the new elements verified in London and added to the Code Of Points, it is full of factual information and statistics regarding the likes of gymnasts ages, medal distribution and scores.
Here are some quick facts and statistics drawn from the newsletter regarding gymnasts ages at London 2012.
- The majority of gymnasts were born in 1995.
- Out of 97 gymnasts competing, 19 of them or 19.5% of participants were born in this 1995.
- Brazil and Germany both had the “oldest” teams. Brazil’s average age was 22.6 years and Germany’s 22.4 years.
- USA had the youngest Team in London.
- Brazil had the oldest team in London.
- 50 gymnasts out of 97 competing were 20 years old or over.
- Highest Score: 16.133 (UB) Beth Tweddle (GBR)
- Lowest Score: 9.433 (UB) Valeriia Maksiuta (ISR)
All Around Final:
- Highest Score: 16.100 (UB) Aliya Mustafina (RUS)
- Lowest Score: 11.500 (FX) Aurelie Malaussena (FRA)
- Highest Score: 16.133 (UB) Aliya Mustafina (RUS)
- Lowest Score: 13.166 (BB) Victoria Komova (RUS)
- Highest Score: 16.233 (VT) McKayla Maroney (USA)
- Lowest Score: 11.833 (BB) Jennifer Pinches (GBR)
* scores of 0 have not be counted in this document.
Stats on Qualification scoring:
- Highest Final Score (1 VT): 15.900 Maroney Mc Kayla (USA); Gabrielle Douglas (USA)
- Highest D-Score (1 VT): 7.10 Pena Abreu Yamilet (DOM)
- Highest E-Score (1 VT): 9.433 Wieber Jordyn (USA); 9.600 Maroney Mc Kayla (USA) 2nd VT
- Highest Final Score: 16.133 Tweddle Elizabeth (GBR)
- Highest D-Score: 7.10 He Kexin (CHN)
- Highest E-Score 9.133 Tweddle Elizabeth (GBR)
- Highest Final Score: 15.40 Sui Lu (CHN)
- Highest D-Score: 6.50 Douglas Gabrielle (USA), Deng (CHN), Mitchell Lauren (AUS)
- Highest E-Score: 9.166 Afanaseva Ksenia (RUS)
- Highest Final Score: 15.325 Raisman Alexandra (USA)
- Highest D-Score: 6.50 Raisman Alexandra (USA)
- Highest E-Score: 8.825 Raisman Alexandra (USA)
I urge you to read this document, it’s got some really great information!