The men took to the podium for training today. Rick from Gymnastics Coaching and Blythe from the Gymnastics Examiner (GE) stayed watching the MAG training and provided great coverage. I would say that Ricks was the best coverage of the day, the most enjoyable. The live tweets were perfect, rather than clogging up my Facebook stream 🙂 As always the GE live blog was excellent. Rick said that the MAG training is less terrifying than the WAG training:
Compared with the women’s podium training the previous two days, the guys hit a higher percentage of full routines. Have fewer falls. And are generally less scarifying.
When a male gymnast crashes a vault landing, my heart rate does not accelerate. But when a tiny little girl crashes DTY, it hurts me.
Most interesting notes from today’s MAG training:
- Fabian Hambuchen is unlikely to compete AA, missing out on his weakest event Pommel Horse during training.
- Ireland are submitting a new move to the FIG for evaluation
- Marian Dragulescu is said to be in great shape and could contend for the vault title
Meanwhile The Couch Gymnast covered the WAG training on Facebook and the blog. Brigid did as much as she could to cover as many nations as possible but it’s very hard to cover every single nation competing.Read her reports and view her photographs below:
Check out the best coverage links below:
- Unfinished Business
- Golden Boys Aim for Glory
- William Alberts Dream
- Kumar Flying Flag for India
- Japan Seeking Glory on Home Turf
Inside Gymnastics: Daily 5 October 5