Some changes have been made to the FIG World Cup series by the FIG this week.
LAUSANNE (SUI), FIG Office, March 7, 2011: The FIG Executive Committee has decided to make the following changes and amendments in the 2011 Rules for the FIG World Cup Competitions and Series:
- The gymnasts’ drawing of lots for all World Cup and Challenge Cup events will take place at the FIG Headquarter in Lausanne (SUI) two weeks after the closing date of the nominative registration.
- At All-Around World Cup competitions (A Category), the Organising Member Federation is allowed to add “hors concours” competitors, maximum one (1) in MAG and one (1) in WAG. These competitors are in addition to the official competitors of the Organizing Member Federation. They:
– must be named at the time of the closing of the nominative registration
– will have to start first at every apparatus
– are not eligible to receive World Cup Points, prize money or medals and must not appear on the official results lists
- At World Cup competitions (A Category, C-II and C-III), once the draw has been conducted*, in case of gymnasts’ withdrawal or in case places remain “empty”, the Organising Member Federation is entitled to nominate gymnast(s) from their country or a country of their choice to fill those ’empty’ places.
* Until the time of the drawing of lots, in case of gymnasts’ withdrawal, the FIG will invite the next eligible gymnasts as per the “Replacement Rules” established by the FIG.
- At Challenge Cup events (B Category), the number of finalists shall be eight (8) instead of four.
Please note that all the above changes enter into effect immediately.
The amended Rules for the FIG World Cup Competitions and Series in Artistic Gymnastics will be published on the FIG website within short.
FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE GYMNASTIQUE
André F. Gueisbuhler, Secretary General
This all seems to stir from the last minute changes of Jake Dalton and Jordyn Wieber to the American Cup line up. These changes will be effective for the next World Cup event which is in Paris – March 19th & 20th.