More and more each day, technology is helping to assist us in our daily lives. Coaches across many sports are now using easily affordable apps for iPhone or iPad to review their athletes work together.
Arjen, a gymnast from the Netherlands has come up with a new iPad app following on from inspiration from Dutch Head Coach Mitch Fenner and that when constructing routines Arjen wants to view the routines quickly and establish how he can make them better to maximize his own routine. Fenner uses the “box check technique” , a technique for gymnast and coaches to see the percentage of their hits in routines and other skills being worked on. The technique is being used by coaches, including Coach to Epke Zonerland, Daniel Knibbeler. Gymnasts have found the technique to be useful, watching their progress of their training each month.
With all of this in mind, Arjen set about creating what he hopes to be the perfect app for gymnasts to help construct routines. He has begun building from the box technique for the first version of his app “Artistic Gymnastics Routine Maker – Men”.
About Gymnastics Routine Maker – Men:
- Mutliple routines can be created
- Up to 24 users can be created (routines for up to 24 gymnast can be created)
- Routines can be made for each apparatus
- Ability to scroll within the CoP.
- Click on elements to add to your routine.
- Ability to zoom into pictures of elements.
- Ability to swap positions of elements.
- Provides error notifications when too many elements of a particular group are entered / the same element is entered twice etc.
- Each element and it’s value are automatically calculated. An up to date E and D score will always be shown.
- Ability to post routine to Facebook.
- And many more.
This is the first version of the app, some errors may be present. Arjen kindly asks that if any errors or bugs are found, or if you have any helpful feedback, please contact him at sportapping @ hotmail.com. Arjen also hopes to release a Women’s version soon, once all bugs etc are ironed out with the Men’s version.
The iPad app is available from the iTunes store here, currently €2.99.