The 2015 World Championships was incredible and really has set the bar for other host countries in the future (yes that “bar” pun was intended 😛 ). The FIG has released this video, part of which could be seen in the arena such as the set up of the equipment and the arena and of course offered some great bits of information, as they know, us gym fans love stats!
- 67 television channels bought the rights to show Worlds
- Together they would show more than 300 hours of gymnastics on TV
- The 300 hours would reach 400 million spectators
- 59% of the 90,000 + subscribers to the FIG YouTube Channel are women
- Almost half of it’s subscribers and viewers are between aged 13 – 24 years old